University Crest

[wlug] GNOME's PPP dialer

Bnonn bnonn@o...
Fri Apr 8 10:43:58 NZST 2005

Craig Box wrote:

> If you think you're ready, you're ready.  Most of what's required to get an
> install up will be procedurised, ie we will be working on a checklist that
> says "To get X in Ubuntu, you run synaptic and Y".  (Last year we had to
> keep getting the one person who knew something really well to come and do
> it; this year we'll just get them to brain dump beforehand!)  The general
> questions that people will ask are probably "you've used Linux for a while,
> what do you think?", and it sounds like you'd be fine at answering them.  If
> you need someone else, you can always ask them to come over and help.

Right, happy to be of service then.

>>I admin Windows at work, and feel pretty confident in that
>

> Excellent.  Why do I have an 'aspnet' directory under a user profile with an
> entire other user profile in it, and why can't I synch that profile because
> the aspnet\ntuser.dat is still open when the user logs off? ;)
>
> Craig

Before I answer that (and that's much higher level than the stuff I
generally do: I work on the helpdesk at HTG; don't get ideas), my time
is charged at $105, so I'll need to run a credit check. Please provide a
number that I can fax the credit application form to :)