University Crest

[wlug] Top posting

David Nicholls davidn@w...
Fri Apr 8 16:04:49 NZST 2005

From: Bnonn [mailto:bnonn@o...]
Sent: Friday, 8 April 2005 3:16 pm
Subject: Re: [wlug] Top posting

For what it's worth, I agree, but you will find that the acceptable use
policy of the list has been updated to include no html email, and no top

posting, so there you have it :)

Help help! I'm being repressed!
------------

Interestingly enough, I was just doing some goooooooooooooooooogle
research (cheers greig!), and came across a reasonably old netiqette
article which seemed to indicate that both top *and* bottom posting were
acceptable so long as it was clear what you were quoting and you - as
someone else put it - didn't quote an entire email (just enough to get
the idea/topic).  And of course interspersed is fine too.

Most of the stuff ive found seems to indicate this, even an RFC written
by intel in '94.
Mostly it seems to by left to the preference of the user and community
you are communicating with.

Cheers...
david