University Crest

[wlug] Joining split avi files.

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Sat Apr 9 14:10:21 NZST 2005

Howdy folks.

Linux to the rescue yet again.  I needed to join some avi files
together, end on end.  I did a Google and found lots of
shareware/download-ware utilities for Windows for doing the job.  All
wanted money.  Of course I thought, "This is dumb.  There has to be a
Linux command-line tool for this."  One of the Google results mentioned
avicat on Linux.  Part of Mplayer's transcode suite.  I knew I had
transcode installed but avicat didn't exist.  So I went, "$
avi<tab><tab>" and lo and behold the command avimerge appeared and
looked promising.  After a quite man read it became clear that this was
exactly what I wanted and I set about "fixing" my avi files.  Hurrah!

                   Oliver Jones » Roving Code Warrior