University Crest

[wlug] Time for a new PC to run Linux on?

Craig Box craig@d...
Mon Apr 11 14:32:31 NZST 2005

Hi everyone,

We're looking at sourcing some second hand (ex lease) PCs to sell at the
installfest.  While what we have on the day depends on what the supplier has
in stock, current prices put a Pentium 3 733 machine with 256mb RAM and 10GB
of HDD (plus CD-ROM/sound/network etc) at around $250.  We will of course
look forward to taking these machines and helping you set Linux up on them.

I would like to get an indication of how many people might be interested in
taking up an offer like this, so we have an idea of how many PCs to have on
hand during the day.

Regards,
Craig