University Crest

[wlug] 6to4 site examples wanted

Matt Brown matt@m...
Sun Apr 24 11:15:46 NZST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 06:21 +1000, Steven Lisson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been having some difficulty accessing the www.wlug.org.nz site via
> IPv6 from my network, all machines apart from the gateway do not use a 6to4
> addressing (e.g. 2001:db0:10f7:1::1), as soon as a trace leaves the 2001::
> range the trace fails (no matter if it leaves IPv6 via the 6to4 interface on
> the gateway or elsewhere on the IPv6 internet), however, the gateway that
> has a 6to4 address on it can ping, trace and view the website without
> difficulty.

The wiki has a quite extensive page with instructions on how to setup
6to4 under linux. Of course if you're having problems accessing the wiki
this doesn't help.

Lucikly we have www2.wlug.org.nz for this reason (it does not have any
AAAA records). So you should be able to get to
http://www2.wlug.org.nz/6to4 for some help with getting 6to4 setup.

> To assist with further troubleshooting further from my end could someone
> please provide me with some other sites that use 6to4 addresses so I can
> troubleshoot further, I was going through a list of IPv6 websites that I
> know of but only 1 site I tested out of about 70 on the list used a 2002::
> address and it was offline in both the ipv4 and 6 internet.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head, but if you're still
having problems after following the above page feel free to post again
and I'll try and hunt some down. Have you tried googling for "6to4 test
site" or similar?

Matt Brown
matt@m...
Mob +64 275 611 544 www.mattb.net.nz