University Crest

[wlug] 6to4 site examples wanted

John R. McPherson jrm21@c...
Sun Apr 24 13:06:48 NZST 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 11:15:46AM +1200, Matt Brown wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 06:21 +1000, Steven Lisson wrote:

> > To assist with further troubleshooting further from my end could someone
> > please provide me with some other sites that use 6to4 addresses so I can
> > troubleshoot further, I was going through a list of IPv6 websites that I
> > know of but only 1 site I tested out of about 70 on the list used a 2002::
> > address and it was offline in both the ipv4 and 6 internet.

> I can't think of any others off the top of my head, but if you're still
> having problems after following the above page feel free to post again
> and I'll try and hunt some down. Have you tried googling for "6to4 test
> site" or similar?

Hrm, I'm not really a networking expert, but I think it's a problem
with hoiho's upstream anycast 6to4 -> real ipv6 server.
Running tcpdump on hoiho, I can see ping requests from 2001 addresses
and hoiho sends a reply, but if I send ping requests from hoiho then
they don't seem to get there.

It all seems to work for 6to4 <-> 6to4 addresses though. I don't think
we can do much about upstream tunnel problems from here. We'll just
have to wait for NZ isps to support ipv6 natively - should be any day
now.... :p

John