University Crest

[wlug] default distro

Matt Brown matt@m...
Sun Apr 24 17:01:06 NZST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 16:36 +1200, John Torrance wrote:
> Hi
>
> I see that you are using Ubuntu v5.04 (Hoary Hedgehog) as your
> official distro for the install fest. What advantages does if have
> over the latest Fedora?

The main reason Ubuntu has been chosen over Fedora is that the vast
majority of experienced users in the group who have volunteered to help
with the InstallFest are Debian users and we are best able to help with
a Debian based distribution.

Fedora/Ubuntu both have their strengths are weaknesses, the decision has
been made, please let this thread not descend into a distro war.

Matt Brown
matt@m...
Mob +64 275 611 544 www.mattb.net.nz