University Crest

[wlug] Accurate journalism! was: logger

Graham yorick@x...
Mon Apr 25 19:26:18 NZST 2005

s swami wrote:

>It wasn't worth a new thread :-)

Heh!  I suppose it depends on one's particular passions!  :)

>PS I won't carry on this thread. So I concede to any further points
>you may make. We're on the same side afterall.

:)  Never thought otherwise.   And I shall be at the installfest passing
out CDs of OOo stable and bleeding edge

Oh and that link.  :)

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgId=1962138

The only reason I tend to jump on such is that it has been noticeable of
late that a few slashdotters, print and online press types like taking
shots at OOo because it's becoming so successful.  A bit of the tall
poppy syndrome methinks, but there is an amount of sensationalist
"making a story out of nothing" in the online press.  OOo makes a good
target because our marketing budget amounts to  $0.25c in a forgotten
Paypal account somewhere and so can't affect the advertising revenue of
the particular publication.

We roll on in spite of that however.  :)

Cheers
Yo