University Crest

[wlug] default distro

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Mon Apr 25 14:59:10 NZST 2005

> The so called dependancy hell is not really there at all....
> YUM/smart/apt provide the same dependecy resolution as you would find in
> debian.
>
> The dependancy hell problems come to light with 3rd party apt/YUM repos,
> Fedora extras should help fix that once its been completed, but this is
> no different to 3rd debian repos that people setup and poorly build.

I actually find the Fedora Extras repository no where near as responsive
as the other 3rd party ones like Freshrpms.  After FC2, FC Extras seemed
to wander off into the wilderness.

The community aspects of the FC project are in definite need of serious
resuscitation.  The only one that seems to be functioning well is Fedora
Legacy.

                   Oliver Jones » Roving Code Warrior