University Crest

OpenOffice.org at the installfest (was Re: [wlug] Accurate journalism!)

Graham yorick@x...
Tue Apr 26 14:42:41 NZST 2005

Craig Box wrote:

>>:)  Never thought otherwise.   And I shall be at the installfest passing
>>out CDs of OOo stable and bleeding edge
>>

>Yet you appear not to have registered your attendance? :)

Bugger I knew that rubber band was cutting off circulation to my little
finger for a reason.  ;)

>http://www.wlug.org.nz/archive/installfest/registration.php
>
>Just so you know, Ubuntu Hoary installs OO.o 1.1.3 by default,

Yup I know and a very tidy version it is too.  Cool Iconset, nice
interface all round.  I think it's the Debian  community version

>and in
>universe you will also find the current 2.0 beta, 1.9.79.

680m79 has now been superceded as the beta by 680m95 (beta2? Certainly
the most stable).  There were some issues with Open Document in '79.
By the time the Installfest comes around we should be at m97 anyway.

>We'll also be preparing and giving away Windows OSS CDs in the form of
>zcat's Kia Ora CD - Bruce is currently working on 0.0.5 for the
>installfest, but the list of programs on 0.0.4 is at
>http://zcat.wired.net.nz/kiaora/programs.php and based on that I expect
>it contains OO.o/Win32 1.1.4.
>
>If you want to help out by including anything extra on these CDs, please
>contact me off list in the next few days.

Done! I'll probably have CDs with OOo iso's which have an installer and
versions for all the major platforms.

I'll also have CD's with PDF's of the up to date OOo manuals plus early
releases of 2.0 Manuals.
Does the LUG have a friendly printer? I'd like to print up a few
hardcopies but haven't to this point because they're 450+ pages.  :)

Cheers
Yo