University Crest

[wlug] Dual Boot

John Torrance jtorrance@i...
Mon Apr 25 21:56:16 NZST 2005

Thanks for the info. I had no desire to start a distro war. I do have another question though. The last time I tried to load a dual boot system with Fedora and Windows XP with Grub, I completely stuffed up my boot sector and could not access windows. I found out later that it was recoverable but I buggered it up so badly, I had to "format C" and start again. This only seems to happen with the NTFS file system windows and not using the older system which I used successfully on my other computer. I am keen to load Ubuntu but am terrified of stuffing up my windows partition. Has anyone successfully loaded a dual bootup system with Ubuntu and Windows XP (NTFS)?

Cheers
John