University Crest

[wlug] Dual Boot

Craig Box craig@d...
Mon Apr 25 22:04:27 NZST 2005

> The last time I tried to load a dual boot system with Fedora
> and Windows XP with Grub, I completely stuffed up my boot
> sector and could not access windows. I found out later that
> it was recoverable but I buggered it up so badly, I had to "format
> C" and start again. [..] Has anyone successfully loaded a
> dual bootup system with Ubuntu and Windows XP (NTFS)?

Fedora Core (2 I think) had a problem where the installer wrote partition
data wrong.  I didn't have the problem on my particular BIOS at the time,
and I definitely didn't have it when I installed Hoary a month or so ago.

There will be plenty of people on hand who can fix any problems that do
happen, but while I heard of heaps of problems with the broken Fedora
installer I've heard of none with Ubuntu.

Craig