University Crest

[wlug] /etc

Bnonn bnonn@o...
Tue Apr 26 11:51:50 NZST 2005

A random question. Does /etc stand for Et Cetera? I can't really see why
it would, but then I can't think of anything else it would stand for. Et
Cetera means literally "and so forth", so I'd expect a folder called
/etc to contain miscellaneous files rather than configuration data.

Anyone know?

Bnonn