University Crest

[wlug] making a bootable CD

John Torrance jtorrance@i...
Wed Apr 27 11:23:51 NZST 2005

Sorry, I hope that this is not a stupid question. I have downloaded the Ubuntu Iso - I have tried to burn a bootable disk with gnome toaster - I only seem to be able to make disks with the iso file on it. I tried dragging and dropping the file then right clicking and asking for a bootable ISO image but still got another fine .ISO coaster. Clearly my windows programs won't read these - how do I make a loadable disk from the ISO with gnome toaster?

Thanks for the all the advice
Cheers