University Crest

[wlug] Resetting the preferrred browser in KDE/Debian

Glenn Ramsey glenn@c...
Wed Apr 27 13:12:22 NZST 2005

Craig Box wrote:
> Glenn Ramsey wrote:
>
>>I am running Debian/Testing with KDE and I mostly use firefox for web
>>browsing. Somehow (ok, really because I fiddled with the config) it
>>has become the default browser and I can't figure out how to change
>>it back.
>>
>>Does anyone know where/how to reset this?
>

> See http://www.wlug.org.nz/KDENotes

Thanks, but I didn't have the file mentioned in the notes. Also I have
had the same experience re googling for KDE help as mentioned on that
page - it's hard to find anything useful.  Maybe all the useful stuff is
in German?

I renamed my .kde dir and started again, which has put it back the way I
wanted it but I'm still none the wiser about what specifically went wrong.

Glenn Ramsey <glenn@c...> 07 8627077
http://www.componic.co.nz