University Crest

[wlug] Resetting the preferrred browser in KDE/Debian

Glenn Ramsey glenn@c...
Wed Apr 27 13:15:26 NZST 2005

James Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:46:33AM +1200, Glenn Ramsey wrote:
>
>> pixie:~# update-alternatives --list x-www-browser
>> /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/bin/konqueror
>>
>> pixie:/etc/alternatives# ls -l x-www-browser lrwxrwxrwx    1 root
>> root           18 Apr 27 11:09 x-www-browser -> /usr/bin/konqueror
>>
>> Does anyone know where/how to reset this?
>

> update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
>
> Then choose.
>
> How nicely this plays with KDE I do not know.

Thanks.

I had done that and selected konqueror. I thought that's
what the output from update-alternatives --display that I posted was
indicating?

Glenn Ramsey <glenn@c...> 07 8627077
http://www.componic.co.nz