University Crest

[wlug] default distro

s swami sns@p...
Wed Apr 27 16:04:15 NZST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:00, Oliver Jones wrote:
> Sure, now there are tools.  I'm not so sure abouts 9 years ago
> though.
> Sure.  And distros like gentoo are entirely source based and have
> great tools to facilitate building & upgrading etc.  I wasn't
> talking about today.  I was talking about the past where these
> tools didn't exist or were not as well known...

(Everybody but our correspondent is talking about now of course :-)

The last time an Olivarian thread surfaced it took Aristotle a Debian
release cycle to recover. IIRC, 'The Craig' pointed out, in jest,
that the lug didn't claim logical consistency in its conversations -
or something like that. Now he will need to give temporal
consistency the boot as well.

Loving it ;-)

Sid.