University Crest

[wlug] Installfest

zcat zcat@m...
Mon May 9 11:04:28 NZST 2005

Judy & Lindsay wrote:
> Hello list,
> I'm interested to know how the install-fest went on Saturday.  I was
> scheduled to be in Auckland at a convention for the weekend but was
> stricken with some illness and was left behind.   Still I was able to
> install Ubuntu Hoary on my box.
>
> Some news would be welcome.
> Linz

It was awesome. Heaps of people, great atmosphere, very few problems we
couldn't solve!! The lan performed well, most of the updates and iso's
were cached in advance, and I had a PABX setup for testing modems,
although in the end only one person needed it :)

I've got a bunch of photos up at
http://zcat.wired.net.nz/photos/installfest/images.html
(I took lots!) and I think there's more at feet.net.nz somewhere..