University Crest

[wlug] Internet Banking using Ubuntu and Firefox

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Mon May 9 13:54:50 NZST 2005

>yes, it should be https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz/
>
>WINXP browser = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050321 Firefox/1.0.2

As a workaround, you can install a UserAgent Switcher extension for
firefox, which will let you change firefox's useragent on the fly. I set
it back to Netscape 4.8, and can see the login scree on HSBC's website.

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/useragentswitcher