University Crest

[wlug] Internet Banking using Ubuntu and Firefox

Lindsay Druett lindsayd@w...
Mon May 9 14:15:25 NZST 2005

> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:22:10PM +1200, Justin Hyde wrote:
> > I contacted the bank this morning and received the reply below.
>
> Change banks, let them know why afterwards.
>
> James.

Why ?

At the end of the day, while it maybe frustrating that there are support
issues with regards to doing Internet banking, I would rather be dealing
with a bank that has a closed security policy and keeps my money safely
tucked away.  Security is their primary responsibility.

As Matt said, a polite email to the bank explaining your problems, what
you've encountered is a more appropriate action to take.  Anyway, when
you are more than likely to encounter the same problems with the next
bank.

Just bear in mind that they won't come up with an instant solution
(unless they have already identified this problem) as they will spend
time doing testing.