University Crest

[wlug] Internet Banking using Ubuntu and Firefox

Greig McGill greig@h...
Mon May 9 14:23:13 NZST 2005

James Clark wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:12:22PM +1200, Daniel Lawson wrote:
>
>>Yeah. No shit.
>
> I'm sure this was absolutely necessary.

Away put your weapons!

Dan:  Less grump.
James:  Less zealous.

;)

Anyway, on topic... I see that this is very frustrating.  I was
explaining to Justin on Saturday that we spend a lot of time chasing
online suppliers that our clients deal with in order to get them to
support firefox.  They usually respond helpfully.  HSBC seem to be an
exception.

I would suggest that the useragent workaround will get you going right
now, and in the meantime, if you find that their site works flawlessly
with the switch, then email them, and let them know this.  It may at
least convince them to opening up trials of other browsers, once they
realise there may not be anything to fix.

Regards,

Greig.