University Crest

[wlug] Linux hardware

Bnonn bnonn@o...
Tue May 10 22:56:03 NZST 2005

Hi everyone

Just today my sturdy old Athlon 850's CPU fan decided to give up the
ghost, and I decided that it was a sign that I need to get with the
times. Because I have no need for anything particularly powerful, I'm
going to be purchasing an AthlonXP 2400+, since they're dirt cheap. I'd
like the list's advice on what sort of mainboard is best to pair this
with; or, rather, what sort of mainboard I definitely shouldn't pair it
with. I'm running Ubuntu, and I know its hardware support is pretty
good, but any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Onboard graphics is prefered; onboard sound is neither here nor there.

Regards

Bnonn