University Crest

[wlug] Actiontec USB ADSL Modem

Orion Edwards orion@c...
Wed May 11 09:40:23 NZST 2005

Hi. I have a friend who is looking into installing a linux server (currently
they have some version of win2k running as a gateway box at their flat),
however they have a USB Adsl modem - the official product page for it is here

http://www.actiontec.com/support/broadband/homedsl_usb.html

Now all preference and politics aside (where everyone says 'modems suxor get a
router') - Telling people they have to buy new hardware is a great way to turn
them off using free software - there's no linux drivers on that page, so I was
wondering if anyone else had seen this kind of modem floating around before and
knows what chipset/etc it uses and if so what driver (if any) can be used in
linux? What kernel version/etc might I need.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Orion.