University Crest

[wlug] debian sarge

James Clark jamesc@b...
Mon May 16 20:55:48 NZST 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 06:40:45PM +1200, stephen pearce wrote:
> Would like to transition from Fedora core 3 to debian
>
> Has someone got the latest debian release on cd or preferably dvd
> that they could send me .. for costs of course (I think it is called sarge)

Sorry I can't help on the CD/DVD side.  DSE, if you're lurking on this
list - perhaps you can stock Debian Sarge once it is officially stable?
(CDs are preferable from my POV)

> Also any advice on installation .. does it support lvm .. can you
> install over an old fedora installation without reformating the disk?

Yes, I do believe it supports LVM during installation, as it asks if
you want LVM during.  I haven't played with LVM during installation,
only post install, so can't confirm or deny anything on this front.

I'd say as long as you have /home on a seperate partition you'll be
right ;)

James.