University Crest

[wlug] No Nandor at WLUG meeting on Monday

Lindsay Druett lindsay@w...
Mon May 16 22:21:50 NZST 2005

Bnonn wrote:

> Holy hell! What kind of return on investment do you see on these? I
> hear the dairy business is pretty lucrative. If you can point me in
> the right direction, I have about $50 free. What sort of overheads am
> I looking at though?

You can get one of those from the Warehouse, Warehouse Stationary,
Whitcoulls, etc, etc.
Overheads ?  Using your brains might be a strain, turn pages might be a
shock to the system, but hey, this is all  good.  (Welcome back mental
arithmetic :) )

Seriously, keeping a dairy on whatever (computer, PDA, traditional
diary) is all well and good, and they all work, and they all work well,
but it is up to the user to maintain the discipline of keeping the
appointments.

Personally I see very little use of PDAs, cellphones other than ones
that are nothing other than plain old cellphones, I'd rather put that
sort of money into a laptop, have a decent digital camera and a plain
old cellphone.  A diary is something handy that you can take with you.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Nandor coming on the 13th of June..