University Crest

[wlug] Problems with 2.6.11 on FC3

Raymond Burgess raymond@d...
Sat May 28 16:21:09 NZST 2005

Hey Guys,

I have installed FC3 on my server machine and have noticed huge problems
  when running the latest kernel release, 2.6.11-1.27_FC3.  When ever I
try to copy a larger amount of files from one partition to another the
machine locks up and just dumps millions of lines of what looks to be a
stack dump, I left it dumping to see what it said when it stoppped, but
after 8 hours while I was at work it still was running past too fast to
read.

I have switched back to the stock 2.6.9 kernel that comes on the CD and
have no problems doing the same thing.

Anyone else had any problems with the newer kernel pacakge?

Side note, I had originally planned to run Ubuntu on the machine but
couldn't get it to boot off a Raid 1 /boot and / on LVM, FC3 handled
installing on this setup without an issue.

Raymond