University Crest

[wlug] FW: Help in setting up linux

Craig Box Craig@i...
Tue May 31 09:00:44 NZST 2005

RMC Donnelly [rmcdonnelly@l...] writes...

Hi

Im looking for some help in the Waikato area and Im hoping one of your
members can be of service.  Please excuse me if I say all the wrong
things, or call stuff by the wrong names as all of this stuff goes way
over my head.

The problem I have is this:  my partner has just installed open office
on my mums pc which is good, but we live on the Kapiti Coast and she
lives in Thames.  We will courier her pc up to her, but this is where
the problem starts.  We need someone who is familiar with it to plug it
in and configure it properly (I think thats what my partner said has to
be done??)  Is there any one of your group who lives close to Thames or
is able to help us out with this?  We would be willing to pay for their
time and travel.  My mum will need a little help in getting started on
it too - how to do the basics and how to get onto the internet - shes 78
and is used to using only Microsoft products.  We got rid of the
microsoft stuff as Andy (my partner) says its unstable and full of
security risks.

Are you able to put a call out to your members and see if anyone is able
to help us.

Thanks for your time and once more please excuse my stupidity and
ignorance - Im not the techy one in this household (as you probably have
noticed LOL)

Cheers
Ruth Donnelly