University Crest

[wlug] Totem Music Player

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis@g...
Mon Nov 7 04:52:33 NZDT 2005

* Ivan Potgieter <tealsky@b...> [2005-11-06 11:05]:
> I've just tried to play a video clip on Totem Music Player
> (Ubuntu 5.10/Gnome) and the audio is not synched with the
> video.

What codec is in use? F.ex., MPlayer often has synch problems
with Real-encoded films. (When it first got Real support, it
couldn’t even seek in such files.)

Otherwise, if there are multiple codecs that cover the codecs
used – particularly the audio codec –, it may help to pick
another one. Again with MPlayer, I have various WMV and AVI films
that show nothing but a still image if I use the FFmpeg audio
codec but play just fine if I tell MPlayer not to decode audio or
ask it to use the emulated Win32 WMV-DMO codec.

Other than those, sometimes the file is really screwy; in that
case it can fix the issue to demux the file into separate audio
and video files, and then remux them together. You may discover
that you need to stretch or shrink the audio track a little to
make it correspond to the video track’s speed.

Regards,