University Crest

[wlug] Totem Music Player

Kyle Carter kyle@f...
Mon Nov 7 23:58:24 NZDT 2005

Try playing them as root.. Ive seen messages about being unable to play
sound or video in 'realtime' unless you have root access to the hardware..
Worth a try.. But something to do with software rendering and unable to use
hardware features unless root access to the hardware?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Potgieter [mailto:tealsky@b...]
Sent: Monday, 7 November 2005 6:31 p.m.
To: wlug
Subject: [wlug] Totem Music Player

Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

> What codec is in use?
As noted before, I'm using various gstreamer0.8 plug-ins.

> MPlayer often has synch problems with Real-encoded films
I am not using MPlayer and I'm not sure what Real-encoded refers to.

> ... sometimes the file is really screwy ...
These all play correctly on my Win2k PC, so it's not the files themselves.

The files-types I've tried inlcude:
 mp3, mp3, mpg, avi, wmf, mpe, and others.

I have tried as many as I can, but they all have the audio playing about 0.5
- 1 sec after the video.

Ivan