University Crest

[wlug] D-Link DSL-302G modem queries

Ian McDonald imcdnzl@g...
Fri Nov 11 06:31:32 NZDT 2005

> My Linux browser is Firefox. When I ask it to go to 10.1.1.1, I'm
> prompted for the user name and password and I give those and press
> Enter. Then, the browser says that it's waiting for 10.1.1.1 and
> never connects.

Sounds like you are entering incorrect username and/or password. It is
probably case sensitive - if the password in the book is lowercase
make sure you type it lower case.

> PS: Ian McDonald, who kindly directed me to this list, said he
> thought that there'd been some discussion on this list recently about
> my modem. I searched for "302" by thread for each month for 2005, but
> found nothing. Perhaps the thread didn't make reference to that
> number. In any event, if you see this, Ian, I wouldn't want you to
> think I didn't bother trying the archives first.

The discussion is here:
http://list.waikato.ac.nz/pipermail/wlug/2005-October/007404.html

but I don't think it will actually help you unfortunately!

Ian

--
Ian McDonald
http://wand.net.nz/~iam4