University Crest

[wlug] D-Link DSL-302G modem queries

Matt Brown matt@m...
Fri Nov 11 08:31:43 NZDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 01:39 +1300, zcat wrote:

> 3) Any changes you make to the modem via Windows will still be active
> when you boot back to Linux. If you have Windows installed, that's
> probably the easiest way to reconfigure your modem.

Indeed this is the only way to get the modem into any sort of advanced
mode that I know of. The web interface is horrendous.

The command manual for the CLI (along with many other helpful tips) is
linked from http://www.wlug.org.nz/DSL-302G

At the end of the day though, this remains one of the cheapest,
crappiest and most unreliable DSL routers that I have ever used and I
certainly wouldn't be recommending it to anyone.

Cheers

--
Matt Brown
matt@m...