University Crest

[wlug] Links in PhpWiki

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis@g...
Mon Nov 14 16:11:14 NZDT 2005

* Chris O'Halloran <chris.ohalloran@m...> [2005-11-14 03:50]:
> mean the network to which we (ie the company Lan) are all
> connected to.

Ah, okay. Well, that link I showed would work then.

> Regarding the forward slashes, what do you put when you are in
> a Microsoft network that uses backward slashes? Is there any
> convention on how to handle this?

You use forward slashes. That’s how URLs work. The browser
translates them as appropriate, if necessary.

(Gory technical details can be found in “The Bizarre and Unhappy
Story of ‘file:’ URLs,” for those who are interested.
<http://blogs.msdn.com/freeassociations/archive/2005/05/19/420059.aspx>)

Regards,