University Crest

[wlug] Installing Skype on Ubuntu [Rant]

Chris O'Halloran chris.ohalloran@m...
Wed Nov 16 09:06:03 NZDT 2005

I have recently joined the wlug as a member and thanks to Jonathan, have
received the install disk for kubuntu. Kubuntu is supposedly Ubuntu but with
KDE instead? of Gnome.

I too am a long time user of Suse but have tired a little of the crippled
multimedia apps and the difficulty of maintaining KDE upto date without
paying for more boxed sets. With the Wlug user base predominantly Ubuntu I
hope Kubuntu provides a nice crossover.

It will be interesting comparing was Suse provides and what Ubuntu provides.

--
http://homepages.maxnet.co.nz/dusky/
ICQ: 213449133