University Crest

[wlug] NAT rule entry for DSL-302G modem

Camster342 camster342@g...
Thu Nov 17 09:40:06 NZDT 2005

> I'm sorry to bother people about this again. What I thought was a
> solution to an earlier problem turns out not to have been a permanent one.
>
> I wanted to open some ports in the above modem, but couldn't access
> the modem's internal web server using Firefox for Linux. I was,
> however, able to do so using Internet Explorer (on my dual-boot
> computer) and to create an appropriate NAT rule. Then, when I
> restarted the computer and booted into Linux, the rule I'd created in
> Windows persisted in Linux.
>
> However, when I later powered the computer (and modem) down and then
> powered up again, the rule I'd created was gone.

Although not exactly a solution to the problem you're having with the
CLI, did you remember to save & reboot or at least save after you'd
entered the NAT rule? Thats been my downfall _many_ a time.

--
Cameron