University Crest

[wlug] NAT rule entry for DSL-302G modem

Leslie Katz lesliek@o...
Thu Nov 17 17:01:26 NZDT 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:40:06 +0000, Camster342 <camster342@g...> wrote:

>Although not exactly a solution to the problem you're having with the
>CLI, did you remember to save & reboot or at least save after you'd
>entered the NAT rule? Thats been my downfall _many_ a time.

Many thanks!

The D-Link document, "Opening Ports in DSL-302G Modem", makes no
reference to doing a separate save, but implies that clicking on
"submit" once you've added your rule equals saving.

As a result of what you wrote, I went back and read the modem manual.
It wasn't very clear either about what you do once you've created a
NAT rule, but other parts of it led me to believe that, when I'd
added my rule, I should go to "Administration", "Save & Reboot" and
then press "Save". I did that and now my rule survives powering off.

Thanks again.