University Crest

[wlug] Cool process utility

Craig Box Craig@i...
Fri Nov 18 10:50:17 NZDT 2005

Hate having processes die because of kernel upgrades?  The thought of
losing your irssi scrollback just too much for you?

http://cryopid.berlios.de/

Compile (I needed zlib1g-dev on my Ubuntu machine which had
build-essentials installed) and then run 'freeze' to save processes to
disk.  You start the process again by executing the file that it saves -
there is no 'thaw' utility

It can't save a screen session, but you can save the processes inside
them and rescreen.

Craig