University Crest

[wlug] DVD woes!!

jaytee@c... jaytee@c...
Wed Aug 2 18:31:49 NZST 2006

Hi All,
      I am struggling with try to get dvd playback.
I have Installed Totem-xine and all the plugins ( including
libdvdcss2) and addons that I know about and still cannot
get any playback on my Acer 500x laptop
Gui MSG Totem cannot playback maybe you do not have the
required permissions.
Gui MSG Totem cannot play maybe you need libdvdcss2 or
download extra plugins

Terminal part msg after doing  "totem dvd://" :
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/hda4 for reading
libdvdread: Device /dev/hda4 inaccessible, CSS
authentication not available.
libdvdread: Can't read name block Probably not a dvd rom
device
libdvdread: Unable to find map file '/home/john/.dvdnav/
map'

Anyone know what to do for a fix please?
Regards   John