University Crest

[wlug] Getting files from a debian/ubuntu mirror

Glenn Ramsey glenn@c...
Thu Aug 17 11:41:19 NZST 2006

I have LAN access to an Ubuntu mirror at Akl uni and I'd like to copy
all the Dapper packages (incl multiverse and universe) onto my laptop so
I can install it on other PCs at home.

For Breezy I just copied the whole thing (11.4Gb), since the mirror was
new and that's all that was there but I expect that it will have more
than doubled in size now and I won't have HD space for it.

Is there a way to copy only the package files for a specified version?

Glenn

--
Glenn Ramsey <glenn@c...> 07 8627077
http://www.componic.co.nz