University Crest

[wlug] Printing with CUPS and Kyocera FS-9500DN

Chris O'Halloran cmoman@g...
Wed Aug 23 11:11:46 NZST 2006

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~cmoman/Scan3845.pdf

The above pdf is scan of the output I get having configured CUPS on my
linux box to print to a Kyocera printer.

It appears to me that the printer is not interpreting the PostScript
test file as Postscript and is instead interpreting and printing the
text within the file.

The printer is connected to a local lan and most people print to it
via Windows XP computers via a Windows server.

I am using KDE with CUPS and have successfully printed to a brother
colour laser using IPP and the PPD file from the Brother website.

I am using the PPD file from the Kyocera file and linuxprinting.org
says the Kyocera is supported perfectly.  The Kyocera doesn't appear
to use IPP but can be seen as a network printer or via SAMBA but I am
not sure if this makes a difference.

>From what I have described is a solution obvious?

Thanks