University Crest

[wlug] Committee meeting update

Craig Box craig@d...
Mon Aug 28 09:52:21 NZST 2006

Hi everyone,

Meeting minutes
---------------
Minutes of our last committee meeting are available online at
http://www.wlug.org.nz/CommitteeMeetingTopics.2006-08-24.

AGM
---
The 2005 Annual General Meeting for Waikato Linux Users' Group (Inc) will be
held on Monday 2 October, in the regular location.  This is one week after
our September meeting.  The topic of the September meeting will be related
to new users (and advertised in a handout at SFD), and include __free
pizza__!

Software Freedom Day
--------------------
We are on track for hosting our Software Freedom Day advocacy event.  If you
are keen to help out (I haven't yet seen anything from the people who added
their name to the wiki page!) please read the forum at
http://forums.wlug.org.nz/viewforum.php?f=11, and see if there's anything
you can help out with.  We will be having a meeting about a week before the
day for potential helpers to come along to.  We're probably on track for
demo people on the day but will still need people to help with set-up and
tear-down, as well as random tasks during the day.

WLUG server
-----------
Thank you for your patience with the WLUG server over the weekend.  Perry,
Matt and I took the server up to Orcon on Saturday and spent the afternoon
installing it.  The database was quite corrupt (we were lucky to get the
last backup off it) and Perry and Matt spent most of Sunday getting
everything under control.  On behalf of the committee

Shell and mail access should be back online.  Secure features such as
webmail and the password changer will be down for a while still, while we
figure out what we're doing with SSL certificates.

See you all tonight for a crash course in the Squid caching web proxy!

Craig