University Crest

[wlug] Ubuntu security risk

Martin, Anthony (NZ) Anthony.Martin@h...
Tue Mar 14 10:18:09 NZDT 2006

Ran across this today regarding possible password leaks.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=143334

You might want to review any existing Ubuntu servers pronto.
While I didn't see these same values on my Debian Sarge server, that's
only one data point.
Now I'm off to check my Alpha server.

Yet another reason to use temporary passwords when installing systems.

Best Regards,

Anthony Martin