University Crest

[wlug] Spam and encrypted emails

Chris O'Halloran cmoman@g...
Fri Oct 6 13:17:30 NZDT 2006

http://www.clear.net.nz/terms.html

Clear have advised that spam from known spam addresses will be blocked
and that other messages will be quaranteened for only 3 days after
which the messages will be deleted.

As I am not a systems administrator I was wondering what the usual
policy for encrypted email (eg GPG) in regard to spam filtering.  Is
encrypting an email a guarenteed way for people to communicate and
avoid messages being deleted by aggressive ISP spam policies.  I
assume spammers wouldn't bother encrypting email because receiver's
couldn't decrypt the emails.

Thoughts?

Chris