University Crest

[wlug] Copying from one hard drive to another

Glenn Ramsey glenn@c...
Fri Oct 20 16:21:41 NZDT 2006

I have a hard drive that contains several ext3 partitions an NTFS
partition and a FAT32 partition.

Is it possible to copy it's contents to another drive of a different
type but nominally the same capacity (one drive is 2.5" the other 3.5")
using some sort of bitwise copy?

If so then what commands do I need to do it?

I could do it manually by creating the right partitions on the second
drive and copying the files, but I'm wondering if there's a less tedious
way?

Glenn

--
Glenn Ramsey <glenn@c...> 07 8627077