University Crest

[wlug] ANNOUNCEMENT: Annual General Meeting, 2 October

Lindsay Druett lindsay@w...
Sun Sep 3 18:58:20 NZST 2006

Craig Box wrote:

>All WLUG members are encouraged to stand for election onto the WLUG
>committee for 2007.
>
>The charter specifies the committee as consisting of a President, Vice
>President, Secretary, Treasurer, and three general committee members.

Just from a personal note, I would like to see more people stand for
committee, and more to the point,  I really would like to see all the
positions (including mine) seriously contended for.
Last year the contention level was a one horse race to the senior
positions (needless to say that treasurer positon was filled at the very
last minute), and four people contended for the three positions on the
general committee.

>To be granted voting rights at the meeting, you must have been a paid
>member for 2005-2006, and signed a new membership form for '06-'07.
>(Remember, you have 90 days to pay.)

Also, WLUG strongly encourages financial membership, not because we're
struggling financially or money hungry, but because the strength of
WLUG, like any other incorporated society, is gauged by the number of
members belonging to it.  IMHO, $20.00 a year is not a big ask, not for
what you get out of WLUG.

Regards,
Lindsay
WLUG President.