University Crest

[wlug] Fwd: Re: DVD woes!! + wifi

jaytee@c... jaytee@c...
Tue Sep 5 06:24:34 NZST 2006

 Sorry Bruce
           This was meant for everyone...
----- Message Forwarded on Tue 5/9/2006 -----
From: "" <jaytee@c...>
To: zcat <zcat@w...>
Subject: Re: [wlug] DVD woes!! + wifi
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:40:19 +1200
Hi All,
      Just to update you all on my progress.
      I got my wifi to work in Ubuntu by using an
ndiswrapper using this link:
      One thing that did confuse me was the fact that the
command prompt did not return after running a set up script,
all that happened was the cursor seemed to (is this usual)
just hang, making me think that it had been a failure . When
I got to a access point I was happy to find it working.
       The dvd player which I thought I had got sorted.
still does not work. I was using an  unencrypted dvd (the
reason it worked) when i tried a "normal" dvd the fault
still exists.
Regards   John..