University Crest

[wlug] Software Freedom Day

Craig Box craig@d...
Sun Sep 10 22:17:45 NZST 2006

Software Freedom Day is this coming Saturday.  Everything is coming
together nicely, and I'd like to thank everyone who has helped so far.
Again, it's been mostly carried by the committee; we put up a forum and
requested comment on it, as well as announcing it at meetings and on the
mailing list, but other than a couple of people signing up on the wiki
page, not much traction from the general membership.  I hope you all
make up for this by coming down to see us on the day!

On the day
==========

We have a stand in Centreplace, which we'll have some computers running
demos of OSS.  Everyone is encouraged to come down and say hello, and if
you don't have an Ubuntu 6.06 CD, we might be able to flick one your way.

Extra help

We'll need people to assist at set-up and tear-down time, and help with
general things during the day.  If you're interested, please drop me a
line by e-mail.

Regards
Craig