University Crest

[wlug] Software Freedom Day

Craig Box craig@d...
Mon Sep 11 08:47:45 NZST 2006

>> Software Freedom Day is this coming Saturday.  Everything is coming
>> together nicely, and I'd like to thank everyone who has helped so
>> far. Again, it's been mostly carried by the committee; we put up a
>> forum and requested comment on it, as well as announcing it at
>> meetings and on the mailing list, but other than a couple of people
>> signing up on the wiki page, not much traction from the general
>> membership.  I hope you all make up for this by coming down to see
>> us on the day!
>>
> Hmm, I did make an offer on the forum

http://forums.wlug.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=35&sid=fc863db5f803ce886e4a8204dfb
f9a17

> but was ignored.  It's difficult to build enthusiasm when the
> communication is only one way.

Fair point; I'm not the best at keeping track of detail on forums (I replied
to the post underneath).

We have machines arranged - we wish to demo Ubuntu on the desktops because
that is what is being given away, and have decided to have four machines,
two running Windows, two running Linux.  Thank you for your offer though,
and we might take it up in future as we are hoping to run some training
courses next year.

Regards
Craig