University Crest

[wlug] Software Freedom Day

zcat zcat@w...
Mon Sep 11 08:58:15 NZST 2006

> We have machines arranged - we wish to demo Ubuntu on the desktops because
> that is what is being given away, and have decided to have four machines,
> two running Windows, two running Linux.  Thank you for your offer though,
> and we might take it up in future as we are hoping to run some training
> courses next year.

I'm currently doing the Certificate in Computing at Te Wananga (I was
bored, and I get a fairly decent computer to play with :)
It's totally MS-centered and there is quite a lot of material (videos,
interactive tests) which I don't think INGOTS has any equivalent of.

I would be quite interested in recreating the entire course around OOo
and other free software, with the same unit-standards structure and
reusing the INGOTS material where appropriate, but I think I'm going to
need a bit of help and a good video camera. Who do I talk to?