University Crest

[wlug] Problem Installing Democracy Player

Leslie Katz lesliek@o...
Wed Sep 13 20:57:20 NZST 2006

I read about Democracy Player on the Web and thought I'd like to try it.

My distribution is Fedora Core, but I'm still using v 3 and there was no
RPM for that version.

I therefore downloaded the tarball and got to the stage at which I was
told to run run.sh to see whether I had the necessary dependencies
installed.

This is what happened when I did that:

[root@l... gtk-x11]# ./run.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 46, in ?
from Pyrex.Distutils import build_ext
ImportError: No module named Pyrex.Distutils
[root@l... gtk-x11]#

I don't understand how to overcome the problem disclosed.

I thought that it might be possible for me to get an RPM which was or
included Pyrex.Distutils, but I couldn't find such an RPM. I then
Googled on Pyrex.Distutils, but, to be blunt, what I read was beyond me.

If anyone can explain to me what I should be doing to overcome the
problem, I'd be grateful.

Leslie