University Crest

[wlug] Problem with Google Earth Updating

Leslie Katz lesliek@o...
Tue Sep 19 19:38:39 NZST 2006

When I try the above from within the application, I get the following
message:

"Could not launch any web browser. Please make sure you have set the
$BROWSER environment variable to the name of the filename we should launch!"

When I issue the command "env", among the output, I find the following:

"BROWSER=Firefox"

Why is that not sufficient for Google Earth's purposes? Do I need to add
a version reference or some other thing?